Tuesday 22 March 2011

Prathiba's Bad Hairday

My name is Prathiba, I am working in a school as teacher, My husband is working in railways. I am 26 years old. 2 years back we got married. I had mid back hair, before my marriage, after my marriage, I cut my hair shortly, like boycut, due to my work, I can’t maintain my hair. But my hubby want me grow longhair, for the past 1 year I cut my hair every two months in the parlour. But this month my hubby strictly said don’t cut your hair next 2 years, I am asking why, he replied, pls don’t do that this is my order.
So I obey his order, I grow my hair, but without haircut I won’t comfortable, many times in this 2 years I am asking for my haircut. But he said no. If you cut your hair I will divorce you, her words are very strong. So I won’t speak anything.  But next month he called me and he said, pratiba be ready for your headshave, I got shocked, what are you saying, he said, yes, my mother had vow so next week we both are going to our native, there your tonsure will happen. I can’t believe his words, I said why you are not informing me before this, he replied, you won’t accept for this that’s why I said don’t cut your hair for last 2 years. Now your hair is upto your waist, so you can ready for tonsure, also I thought once you grow your hair long then I want to inform. So that’s why inform you today, so be ready for your tonsure.
I don’t have words, I said ok but I said, can I do my tonsure next year may month, because, the summer holiday is coming so I don’t want go to school with my bald head. He said no, anyway you quarterly leave is starting next week that is 10 days so that I planned. So I don’t have a choice, but I asked the other thing, that is I am ok for tonsure, but after my tonsure I don’t want grow my hair, I will maintain my hair boycut only, so pls accept for this. He said ok.
Next week we both went to our native, my tonsure day is came, I am asking my hubby is otherthan me anybody tonsure their heads, he replied no, because in our family his brother’s wife 2 of them and his 2 sisters are there, but tonsure ceremony is for me only. So I got little tensed. We went to our temple, by the time some function is going on , so all the area’s they decorated very well.  So mil said, bring her to the saloon for tonsure, I got scared, I said why barber is not coming here, she replied, no barber won’t coming here, we need to go and shave.
So  me, my husband, my two brother in law everybody went to near by barbershop, my tension got increased. We reach the saloon, they are some 3 to 4 of them shaving their head all are men. I got shy to shave my head at saloon, because, whenever I went to parlour its ladies only, but 1st time my life I am going to shave my head at men’s saloon. So we waiting for my turn, by the time 1 women also joined with me, so my tension got decrease little bit, but I am the 1st one to shave so I got tension. Finally barber is asking to my hubby pls come, he turn back to me and said, go and sit the chair. I sat the chair, barber is asking haircut, my hubby said its headshave, then he took a white cloth and covered my body, by the time some men also came and waiting for their shave. After that barber loose my hair and combing properly and pour the water and massage my hair smoothly, my hubby said to me pls say govinda govinda soundly, I also said the same. Then the barber asking me madam can I start, I said yes, he put the knine in my center of the head, everybody watching my headshave, I had a shy and tension, he shave my middle part, my longhair is in my lap, I am helpless and crying like anything. Then he shave my both side of the part, finally I got bald, in my lap full of hair. He rub my head with his hand then he said, madam over, then I stand and seen my face in mirror, I couldn’t recognize, its ugly bald look. Then my hubby gave the money, and everybody leave the place.
After this incident I won’t accept my tonsure, and I fought with hubby.




No comments:

Post a Comment